Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Home again and a "love" card

Well, just came home last night after 2 weeks in Arizona. It snowed at home on Friday but the neighbor snowblew the driveway for me - what a sweetie!  I definitely wasn't prepared to return to this much snow!! 
 
Thought I'd share a few photos from my last few days in Arizona.  Speaking of snow, seeing snow in the mountains while you're in the desert is so awesome!  This view was taken just north of Sun City West; I pulled off the road and took it from the car (unknown van got in the frame which was hard to avoid in the traffic). 
 
 
I traveled this road every day for a week while my brother-in-law Dave was in the hospital.  The trip to Mayo Hospital took about 40 minutes one way and there was such beautiful scenery along the way, I wish I had more photos!  I took these in the garden in front of the hospital:
 
 
What a beautiful place and a nice getaway from sitting in the hospital.  Dave expects to go home today but I haven't heard anything yet. 
 
I came home to more happy mail - birthday cards from family and friends, including Sally, who sent this package of goodies.  I'm sure she wondered why she hadn't heard that her package arrived; well, it was in my held mail which was in my mailbox when I arrived home last night. 
 
 
I especially love the crocheted pin (lower left) which perfectly matches the scarf on my winter jacket.  Thanks so much Sally!

While I was in Arizona, I ordered a bunch of new stuff from Hero Arts, including the newest Fancy Dies.  I couldn't wait to get home, fire up my Vagabond and do some die-cutting.  Here's the first card I tackled this morning.  I cut a window in the card base and the patterned piece (paper from Basic Grey's True Love) using the Renaissance Heart DI063 which I already had in my collection.  I layered the patterned piece on the solid red, and hand cut a frame for the window.  Then I die cut two of the new DI081 Love and Heart and layered them, then anchored just a few spots so they float across the heart window.  Then I decided to stamp the I and the U, using Hero Arts' new Large Vintage Alphabet CL689.  The heart gems were a gift from Heather - just love that jumbo one which she worried was too big!  I'm entering this in the February Hero Arts contest, Love and Lace.

I Love U

It's always good to be back home, even when you enjoyed being away.  Hope you all are having a crafty weekend!  Thanks for stopping!!

8 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Such a fun card, sure to bring a smile.

Barb said...

Welcome home, my friend! Should have warned you about the snow - ha!

LOVE your fantastic card! Those two dies were made for each other!

Glad to hear your brother will be going home soon. Sending hugs! :)

Dawn T said...

Lovely photos and the beautiful card you made is wonderful.

Robin K. said...

Welcome home! Sorry to hear you we're met by snow- will this winter ever end:(. Glad your bil is on the mend. Your card is amazing!!!!!! I love how you used the new dies!

Cindy C. said...

Fun card, love that heart shape window!!

Maureen Morton said...

Welcome home, dear gal - it was so nice that you went to be with your brother. Love the beauty of the Arizona area. Your card is so sweet - great use of the new die!

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning photos Linda and those blue skies are amazing. So pleased your package arrived safely.
Hugs
Sally

Greta said...

Great card! I can see why you had to play with your goodies!