Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hero Hostess Blog Hop coming next week!



Hi all - hope you'll join the Hero Hostesses next week for another catalog release blog hop.  So excited!!  Just start each day at the Hero Arts Blog to find links to the 4 or 5 hostesses with projects to share.  Thought I'd share a few cards that I've been making with new Hero Arts 2014 stamps to give you a taste of what to expect next week.

With so many amazing stamps and sets to use, how do you choose?  Well, on Saturday we had a Scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr group.  The theme was "Something Old, Something New, Something Shiny, Something Blue".  My something new - a fun new Hero Arts birthday clear stamp set Be Happy Today.  I love all the big sentiments in this set, like the banner I used, and all the little icons, including the balloon!

Happy Birthday balloons
 
Now, with a Scramble you only have 90 minutes to design, create, photograph, and upload your project.  Not a lot of time to do much extra - I mean, it was time-consuming enough to cut out the banner and three balloons!  Then there were the strings on the balloons to tie.  I dry embossed metallic mirror cardstock from Michaels using my Sizzix Texture Boutique purse - love it.  The embossing folder came from my friend Heather last year (my something "old") -- the Trendy Braiding folder from Cart-US.  Gotta watch the fingerprints on that mirror cardstock!  Needless to say, I took a full hour to make this card, then had the photographing, etc.  Didn't do too badly photographing this shiny project!
 
I thought this would be a fun card for my niece Anni who turns 13 this week.  Last year she got this card from the Hostess Blog Hop - with its 12 scoops of ice cream, how could I top that?  Decided to add some more balloons to my Scramble card to get that magic #13 for our little teenager.  Here's the changed card:
 
 
It's a bit gloomy and snowy here today so my colors aren't as vibrant in the photo as in real life.  But I really enjoyed cutting out the additional 10 balloons I needed to give Miss Annika a balloon party!
 
Another card I needed this week - an anniversary card for my aunt and uncle.  The new Happy Birthday Scroll clear set called to me for this one - I wanted to use the great label image.  But this set has no sentiment for an anniversary - what to do??  I went to the new Anything Can Happen clear set and used the separate words (so many fab words in this set) "together" and "forever" to make my sentiment.  Looked a bit empty in that big label so I added an image (looks like a trio of water droplets) from the You're So Kind clear set and a heart gem.  The card base is made from Hero Arts Pool Designer papers - love these!
 
Together Forever resized

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping and hope to see you on next week's hop!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

So excited to hop with you next week, Linda! Love your scramble card and how fun that you took it and added more balloons for your niece's birthday! Your anniversary card is beautiful! The label looks so pretty against the designer paper!

Greta said...

I know the hop is going to be great--can't wait! Fabulous shiny background & great cards, Linda! Very creative way to make the anniversary card--love it!

Robin K. said...

Happy New Year Linda!! Your balloon card is so festive!! Looking forward to seeing what you ladies came up with for the hop next week!!

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, I loved your scramble card and now love the way you changed it up to give Miss Annika a balloon party! It's so colourful and fun and I love the mix of gorgeous pps you used on the 13 balloons! Your aunt and uncle's anniversary card is gorgeous! Love your design and the fab and creative way you created the beautiful sentiment label!

I'm looking forward to going hopping with you next week and can't wait to see what you've come up with:)

Emily Leiphart said...

Fun cards, Linda! You used a lot of stamps that are on my wish list!! Love the birthday cards with the balloons and especially the foil background. Looking forward to hopping with you this week! YAY!