Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Merry Monday Challenge

Yikes - I'm back for a second post today!  Usually I'm the one who goes weeks without posting - oh well...

Anyway, I found my way to the Merry Monday Challenge Blog.  Here they celebrate making Christmas cards every week - love that!!  In earlier posts I've mentioned my plan to make at least 4 Christmas cards a month this year so I think the Merry Monday challenge will help with that goal.  Here's the card I make for the current challenge to use a house on your card:

Snowy House

For my house, I used a stamp and cut set called Snowy Houses that Hero Arts made for Archiver's, back when the physical stores still existed.  I colored it with Copic Markers, added some Stickles, Glossy Accents (on windows) and Liquid Applique (for the snow).  The Stitched Hillside Borders are by Lawn Fawn - just love, love, love these.  The gingerbread man is another HA/Archiver's stamp & cut - Cookies Set  The falling snow was made with the Tiny Ink Spots background by Hero Arts, inked with Picket Fence Distress Paint for a bit of texture.  

OK - that's probably the last time for a while that you'll see two posts from me in one day.  Happy crafting and if you fancy getting on track with your Christmas cards, check out Merry Monday!!

8 comments:

Lin said...

Oh this is so fun, Linda! LOVE it!

Susan Powell said...

Such a fun card! Love the snow you added!

Susan Joyce said...

Totally delightful! Love every detail, your background and gorgeous images. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this is such a wonderful Christmas scene, makes me sad the season has passed already!

Shelia said...

This is such an adorable Christmas card! Love the house & gingerbread man. Love all the details, especially the background!

Linda said...

Such a sweet card with the gingerbread man and house. Very cute.

Sue C. said...

What an absolutely adorable card!

Notes by Nina said...

Super cute card, your house and gingerbread man are adorable. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.