Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

More embossing

What a beautiful May Saturday! Instead of enjoying the great outdoors, I was supposedly cleaning up the craft stuff strewn all over, just in time for Mother's Day!! Instead, while organizing some embossing folders, a Christmas tree caught my eye and off I went to make another card for this week's Merry Monday challenge. Oh well, I can clean up later....

I stamped the card with a Hero Arts/Basic Grey cling stamp called Notebook Paper. The embossing folder is from Sizzix - I used some Gemstones Core'dination card stock to dry emboss the tree, then swiped Distress Inks over it (Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles). After fussy cutting it, I dded some gems and string twine and popped it onto a card with foam tape. Then I put some Basic Grey Evergreen paper on the bottom edge and added a sentiment banner. The banner and sentiment stamps came from Hero Arts - a clear set called Banners and Messages. Here's the card: 

Joy Love Hope Peace Christmas Tree

Well, I was glad to get another Christmas card done this week, even at the expense of my chores. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how you've done this embossed tree, Linda! In fact I love the whole card! I'm glad you shared with us again instead of doing chores!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Beautiful tree - what a cleaver technique!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!