Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Some "Flip-it" cards and a Scramble

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend - I certainly am!!

I spent yesterday with most of my immediate family, celebrating my mom's 80th birthday. We had a wonderful day and she loved the card I made her:

Happy 80th

I used a fabulous Sizzix die cut set called Circle Flip-its #2Just love this set which comes with 11 dies, including the card base and layers. I made the 80 on the Silhouette; the happy and butterfly were die cuts from Hero Arts. I love their stamp & cut sets!! Papers came from Graphic45.

I had so much fun with the Flip-its set, I couldn't resist using it for a chorus friend's congrats card - she just graduated from Nursing School. I used stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn and from Hero Arts for this card. I just adore the Get Well Soon stamps and matching dies from Lawn Fawn; the little nurse bird was perfect for my RN grad! The congrats and sentiment stamps are from Hero Arts Congrats Stamp and Cut set.

RN congrats

And here's the card open with the flip:

RN congrats inside

I came home this morning so I'd be back in time for a noon Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. Our hostess, Magaly, invited us to use any kind of embossing. One of her examples used embossing paste which I've tried just once. Eager to try it again, I made this card using the Large Lotus stencil from Hero Arts. Because I was in a hurry for the 90 minute Scramble, the paste was still a bit tacky when I photographed the card!! I also messed part of the panel up so cut it down to a usable piece. After this photograph was taken, I ended up adding more Distress Ink (Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, and Tumbled Glass used) as the lower left flower wasn't well defined. Can you tell the blue butterfly (another one from the Butterflies Stamp & Cut set) has snowflake paper (Doodlebug)? I just loved the color so just ignored that it's winter paper (hope no one looks at the back of it!!

Scramble 110

I still had 26 minutes til the Scramble's end so I whipped up this card using an older Hero Arts/Sizzix embossing folder, plus a new Fancy die Swallowtail Butterfly

Glitter Butterfly

Yay - now I'm ready for this week's birthdays - my auntie Marie and my niece Abby. Thanks for sticking with me through all these cards!!

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Linda. Your card for your Mum is awesome and no wonder she loved it. I saw your congrats card on Flickr and was very impressed and love both you scramble cards. I particularly like your second butterfly card.