Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you have a special day planned. Typical Sunday for me so far with a run to Target and doing a few household chores. But my brother and his wife will take me out later today for my birthday dinner.

Thought I'd share a simple Valentine I sent this year, with various slight changes, to most of my relatives. I sent a similar card to a friend who's a birthday twin. Here's my card:

valentine love 2
Supplies: paper - Hero Arts punch layering paper; Authentique; doily from Target
Stamps: CL402 Valentine Sayings by Hero Arts
dies - heart by Hero Arts from My Monthly Hero January 2016; love from DC175 Love Stamp&Cut
Ink - Versamark; Sea Foam white embossing powder by Ranger

I was excited to receive a package from my dear friend/"sista" Heather Maria yesterday. As usual, she sent too many fun goodies and I just had to use some of them right away - starting with a musical clef die. Members of my former quartet had an early birthday party for me on Friday so I wanted to make them thank you cards. The clef die was perfect for it - here's the card:

Thank you note
Supplies: paper - Neenah Solar White cardstock, Authentique patterned paper
Stamps by Hero Arts: sentiment CL272 All Occasion Msgs; notes CL354 Let the Angels Sing
Ink: Tim Holtz - Wilted Violet Distress Ink

I must say using the MISTI made it a breeze for the stamping on the three cards I made of this design! 
Then I need to plan some more birthday thank you cards - starting with one for Heather!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Valentine's day!

7 comments:

Betty said...

hope you have LOVELY brithday/valentine's day Linda!!

Greta said...

Happy, happy birthday my almost birthday twin! Love the Valentine, Linda--what a gorgeous die! I know your singing buddies will enjoy the thank you cards with the musical theme! Happy Valentine's Day, too!

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! Love your cards today! Sounds like your birthday will be lots of fun!

Virginia L. said...

Happiest birthday, Linda! Your cards are beautiful! I think that they are so YOU-- a lovely lady with a big heart who also loves to sing in a choir! So sweet of Heather to send you some yummy goodies! I am glad to hear that you continue to enjoy MISTI (me, too!)! xoxo

stampingandstitching said...

Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day, Linda! Hope you have lots of fun today! Your Valentine card is so pretty with all the gorgeous layers and colours! Your thanks you card is gorgeous too! The patterned paper is so pretty and I love the way you've echoed the shape of the clef with your stamped sentiment and notes! Glad your parcel arrived in time - phew I nearly cut it a bit too close;)

Cat Craig said...

Happy Birthday Linda!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Birthday Linda, I hope you had a great day and you enjoyed your meal. Your cards are gorgeous, especially that lovely Valentine!