Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Roses in sympathy

Hey everyone - hope you had a great weekend! I'm so often blogging a Merry Monday card but today I have something else. Yesterday I was at a chorus retreat all day and came home to find a package in the mail. Amazing retreat btw but it was all about the package from Hero Arts! I ordered March's My Monthly Hero kit which has 12 coloring cards by Marianne Walker. Grabbed one of those right away to color with Copic Markers.

roses in vase sympathy

After I took the photo I added a few crystal Stickles at the top center of each bloom. I used Bronze Distress Stain to color the vase and it looks a lot more shimmery in real life. The banner is from Lawn Fawn's Bannerific clear set; the sentiment is from Hero Arts retired clear set CL342 Everyday Sayings.

And here's the inside:

inside rose

I used a companion stamp set to the MMH kit called Marianne's flowers (CL964). Sentiment is from an old favorite Hero Arts sympathy set (CL476 retired; out of stock at SSS but see it here). This card goes to my sister-in-law who's auntie passed away last week. Sad reason to make a card but I love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty, Linda!

Greta said...

Beautiful roses--love your coloring, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card Linda.