Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thank you flower

Hi everyone - hope you're having a great week! I'm enjoying my first full week of retirement - lunching with friends, shopping, reading a book, and making cards. I was excited to get this month's My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts in today's mail - lots of gorgeous flower stamps and dies! It just launched on Monday and has already sold out!! I ordered the add-on stamps and dies too - can't wait to start creating with them.

The kit itself came with 5 dies and I started with the pop-up flower. I die cut the flower from a piece of cardstock just to see it in action and liked how it turned out. I ended up making a thank you card since I have many more to make and send for the retirement gifts I received. Here's my card:

Thank you flower
Supplies: Hero Arts April 2016 My Monthly Hero (pop up flower); DC178 Thank You Tag Stamp&Cut by Lia
Paper: Hero Arts Daffodil card; Co'redinations Gemstone cardstock; Basic Grey Herbs & Honey PP (banner)
Lawn Fawn sequins; Aged Mahogany Distress Ink; Simon Says Stamp Stitched Frame

After die cutting the flower, I added some Copic Marker to the edges. Then I added some die cut leaves I had in my stash, scoring the center line and then adding some hand-drawn lines with a Copic. I cut the flower center using the smallest die and accented it with a Copic and three Lawn Fawn flower sequins. The stitched mat is deceptively purplish in the photo - in real life it's closer to a mahogany color to match the ink on the sentiment. 

Thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Linda. It's a lovely flower

Cat Craig said...

That is so pretty on that textured pearlized paper.

Virginia L. said...

I don't have this flower die and now I want it!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Linda! The textured card stock is perfect with this design!

Greta said...

Love the colors & texture--beautiful, Linda!