Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Snow Globe card

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm sharing a card for Merry Monday - Linda presented the challenge to use a snow globe; I decided to make my entire card a snow globe. I sized it to fit an A2 envelope.

Deer in Snow Globe
Supplies: Hero Arts Cerulean layering paper; Doodlebug twine; Reflections chunky glitter; Icy stickles; foam tape
Silhouette files: Snow Globe Nativity Card #106816 & Christmas Deer Snow Globe #107653
Stamp set: CL541 Snowman Christmas (sentiment)
Ink: Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink; Ranger clear embossing powder
Tools: Silhouette; WeR Memory Keepers Fuse with Waterfall Photo Sleeves


Using a Silhouette, I started out by cutting two of the Christmas Deer Snow Globes in white (I reversed the second one for a front and back). Then I slathered Stickles over both of the scene parts, not the globe parts. Once dry I glued them back-to-back for stability and snipped off the globe base. Then I put the deer scene panel inside a photo sleeve and Fused it, leaving an opening to add glitter. Added the glitter, Fused the opening shut, and trimmed it.

I cut two cerulean snow globes (second one reversed for the back since this paper is white on the inside - love it!) on the Silhouette using the Snow Globe Nativity Card file. The file contains a trifold card with the nativity and then you put the snow globe overlay on the front. I used just this overlay to be my card base. I sized the overlay right over the deer globe to get the right fit before I put it on its own page for cutting. I scored the back globe at the base so I can put a small inside message. I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment on the front, then assembled the card. First I put foam tape on inside of both halves of card base globes and stuck the Fused scene between them. The finished card would've stood up on its own had I scored the front too. As it is, it's a bit top heavy but it will stand alone if the front is along a table edge. Added the twine - done! The Fused pouch doesn't allow a lot of room for movement of the glitter. As you can see in the photo, quite a bit has hung up on the deer antlers and towards the top. It might've helped to use some sequins and to add anti-static inside the pouch. Oh well, live and learn!

This really wasn't all that much work once I figured out my design. I had a busy day yesterday but I took the steps between doing other things. Finally finished it late last night and then took a daylight photo this morning - there's a bit of glare off the pouch but not too bad.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the inspiration over on Merry Monday - a great place for helping you get your Christmas cards done early!!

23 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh my this is wonderful!! Such a cute wintery scene in a snow globe!!!

Barb said...

Oh, Linda, this is stunning! Just LOVE IT!!!

Betty said...

that is so cool Linda - looks like a winner to me - and congrats on your HM from last week's challenge!

Bonnie said...

I like that some of the sequins stick to the deer! That's the case with a real snow globe so it works perfectly in my book! What an awesome card, Linda! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Linda! I love your globe!

Karen Davis said...

I love how your globe turned out Linda. It looks like a real snow globe....'Mid shake' Perfect.

Lin said...

Ding, ding, ding.......I think I see a winner here! Perfection!

Linda said...

Beautiful snow globe card, Linda. Love the glittery look. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning snow globe card Linda, I love all that shimmer. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Cat Craig said...

oh wow Linda, you out did your self! This is hands down the most gorgeous globe type card i have seen.

Greta said...

Beautiful scene, Linda--love your creativity!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous and enchanting! Love the shaker element in this snow globe! Beautifully done, Linda! Hope you are enjoying retirement! Hugs!

Colleen said...

Beautiful and peaceful scene Linda!! So glad you played along at Merry Monday again! Always great to see you in the gallery!!

Cheryl W said...

Stunning card!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...this is just over the top fabulous Linda! I love that the card is in the shape of a snow globe, and I really, really love the white and glittery scene in the snow globe! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

Fabiola said...

Superbe!

KimCreate said...

You have fabulous cutting skills with the silouette! This card is stunning!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Linda, this snow globe looks so REAL!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design, love all the glitter inside the globe. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

This is stunning! I love that everything in the snow globe is white - some simple but gorgeous! Amazing job!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

This is so cool (no pun intended)! Love all the glitter, and the fact you made it a shaker card. Tfs!
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

conil said...

Absolutely magical and a perfect depiction of what a snowglobe should be. All sparkly, clear and fun to shake.

Greta said...

Well-deserved HM at MM--congrats, Linda!