Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Peace, Joy &/or Love




Hi all - I'm delighted to be the Guest Designer at Merry Monday this week after a win for this card in the kid's card challenge. For this week's challenge, Bonnie invites us to use the words Peace, Joy, and/or Love on your Christmas card.

I had the perfect Hero Arts set contain all three words along with some beautiful crystal ornaments. I hadn't had the chance to use it yet and thought it past time! I started out by stamping and silver embossing the ornaments, then watercoloring them. They were all on one piece of watercolor paper I had die cut with a stitched rectangle, intending it to be one panel. Then as I was stamping another element, I blobbed the paper - arrgh, I hate when that happens!! So I fussy cut the ornaments and stamped the rest of the elements on a pale green card base, popping the ornaments with foam tape. They looked a bit plain hanging from the branch so I added so little bows with metallic ribbon. Here's my card:

Supplies: Hero Arts Celadon card; watercolor paper; May Arts ribbon; Lucy's Little Things sequins
Stamps: Hero Arts CL802 Christmas Crystals
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Dusty Concord, 
Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac

Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out the beautiful cards by Merry Monday's Design Team! Thanks for the fun guest spot!!

16 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love those ornaments - perfect set for this challenge! Thanks for joining us as our Guest Designer this week xoxoxo

Betty said...

such a lovely card Linda - and congrats on your GD spot this week.

!neke said...

Linda, beautiful !!!!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done! Love the colors that you chose, Linda! Wish you a happy summer!

Cat Craig said...

I love that we can cover up boo boo's with popped up elements. Love these ornaments with their silvery bows.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Linda, so glad you could join us as Guest Designer this week.

Linda said...

Beautiful card Linda. Sorry about the mishap, but love the ornaments cut out. Adds dimension. Thanks for joining us this week as the GD at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful ornaments, Linda! I love the silver embossing that makes them look like stained glass! Thanks so much for joining our team at Merry Monday this week!

Dawn T said...

congrats on the guest spot Linda. Lovely colours on your ornaments.

Colleen said...

Linda, thank you for being our Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday! Your card is outstanding! I love your crystal ornaments, they are so pretty!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your card! Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer this week! Those ornaments rock!

Karen Davis said...

Congratulations on your win and being guest designer this week. I love your very dimensional ornaments, they look fab on the gorgeous green background.

Greta said...

Congrats again, Linda & I love your card for Bonnie's challenge--just beautiful!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the colours!!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely to have you as our Guest Designer this week Linda with your awesome Christmas card. I love the ornaments.

stampingandstitching said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Linda! What a wonderful card! Love your design and beautiful colouring on the ornaments! The sparkly bows are the perfect finishing touch!