Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

One more one-layer Christmas card and a sympathy card

Back with another version of my challenge card to Heather earlier this week. She did any amazing job with the challenge - see her card and tag here!!

Yesterday I went to an all day workshop with our Region of Sweet Adelines International - so inspiring with an amazing guest clinician, Tori Postma! I came home and relaxed a bit with another Hallmark movie but still had some energy from the exciting day. I spotted the stamp set I used on Monday's challenge and I couldn't resist trying another one-layer. This time it was a true one-layer as all the inking was with inks that don't bleed through the paper. Here's my card:

Seasons Greetings one layer

Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts CL796 Peace Poinsettias; CG222 Music Background
Paper - Neenah Solar White; Other - Bronze Distress Stain; Mustard Seed Stickles
Inks - Distress Inks - Candied Apple, Spun Sugar, Fired Brick, Twisted Citron, Black Soot; Memento Tuxedo Black

I decided to use the solid poinsettia image with Distress Inks and then stamped the outline over top - so easy with MISTI! Then I sponged Distress Inks around the flower, masked it, and stamped the background. I used bronze Distress Stain mixed with a bit of water for some splatters - quite a nice shimmer, even if some of the splatters got a bit splotchy. Some Stickles for the flower center and some shading around the card edge - done! The colors really are this vibrant and I ended up loving how it turned out.

So - another Christmas card added to the stash! Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the next challenge to Heather - I made a couple of versions of the inspiration card. I can't wait to see what she has in store for me!

I learned some sad news - a former coworker passed away on Friday. I retired from work almost four months ago but Colleen was still working for another year. I was shocked and saddened to learn that she won't be enjoying the fruits of all her years of hard work with a blissful retirement. I made this card for her family:

With sympathy butterfly

Supplies: Stamps - Penny Black Pastoral; Hero Arts CL574 Say it All; Dies - Xcuts 3D Butterfly; MFT Blueprints 20
Inks - Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves, Frayed Burlap
Paper: Hero Arts Aubergine; Neenah Solar White; DCWV glitter paper

I hope the card brings some comfort. Thanks to Heather for sending the yummy butterfly die I used and thanks for stopping!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards Linda - looking forward to lunch next week!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Linda, I'm sorry to hear about Colleen, that's very sad news. Your sympathy card is so beautiful - I'm sure her family really appreciated it. Another fabulous one layer card! Love your mix of images and gorgeous inking - looks like a beautiful glow coming from the poinsettia! Sounds like you had a fun workshop!