Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Grateful leaves

Hero Arts recently released their new fall/holiday line and I ordered a bunch of fun goodies. Today I had a chance to play with the color layering leaves clear stamp set with matching dies. I was inspired by my friend Virginia's post and video about creating a background. She started with a stamped flower which she later covered with a die cut - I decided to try it. Here's my card:

grateful for you
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts mocha folded card and daffodil layering paper, Bazzill orange, vellum
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Twisted Citron, Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs
Other - Hero Arts Earth Mixed Accents and Copper embossing powder, May Arts string twine, foam tape

I started out stamping a leaf where I intended to put my die cut and worked outward from there in rings around it, just like Virginia's video showed. The extra yellow leaves at top left were just to fill in the space  but I liked how it ended up. On the die cut, I used colored card stock and just stamped the vein layer - I thought it added lovely dimension. I couldn't find my vellum adhesive so I just hid a glue dot behind the gems for my sentiment strip. Yay, now I have card ready to thank a friend for a dinner I'm attending later in the weekend.

Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday! Thanks for stopping!!

5 comments:

Karen L K said...

Nice one Linda!

Virginia L. said...

Perfect Fall card, Linda! I love the color choice and your stamping is spot on! So glad that my video/card inspired you to try something fun and different! Thanks for the shout out! Enjoy your dinner out with friends! Hugs!

Betty said...

beautiful Linda - just ordered that set but haven't rec'd it yet!

Lin said...

Love it, Linda! I adore this season and this new set is next on my list!!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is so pretty, Linda! Love the beautiful autumnal background you created and the dimensional leaf with the bow looks fab!