Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Set for a Scramble

Yesterday, over on the Hero Arts Flickr Group, Kim hosted a fun and challenging Scramble (timed event) to create a matching card, tag & envelope set. It was perfect timing as I had just come from my mailbox to find a box of new Hero Arts goodies, including the Infinity Tags set. I also received some new Christmas stamps I was eager to try. Here's my set:

Cardinal set

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Kraft card and envelope; Paper Studio Old World Winter; Penny Black Holiday Trimmings
Dies - Hero Arts DI197 Tag Infinity dies; Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes (for the plaid stitched rectangle), My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (for the dotted stitched rectangle)
Stamps - Hero Arts CM102 Vintage Christmas Post & CL983 Holiday Messages and Tags
Inks - Distress Inks: Pine Needles & Gathered Twigs
Other - Copic Markers; May Arts ribbon and twine; Doodlebug enamel dots; Michael's gems

Since the Scramble is only 90 minutes from start to finish, including photography and uploading, I hastily colored the cardinals. I noticed after the Scramble that the card's cardinal needed some more blending - yikes! The other funny thing - I was sure I had ordered the matching dies to the cardinal stamp set (I did!) but I couldn't find them until after I had fussy cut them both - duh! All due to "Misty proofing" - putting away my craft stuff so my brother's cat wouldn't get into it. Misty is here for her fall vacation - loves it at "Auntie" Linda's house!! Luckily Misty was napping during the Scramble when quite a few crafty items found their way back onto the kitchen table and counters!

I don't decorate my envelopes often enough, much less make gift tags, so this was a fun challenge! I'm looking forward to making more cards and tags with new Hero Arts goodies!! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Greta said...

Missed this scramble, but you sure made good use of it, Linda! Great project--love the images! Too funny about finding the dies after you did the fussy cutting! At least you can blame it on the kitty!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Linda, as you know I barely scrape by with making a card when scrambling so I'm amazed at what you created in such a short space of time! Fabulous - love them!!