Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

January My Monthly Hero Kit

Hi all - can you believe it, a non-Merry Monday post? I was excited to come home from car shopping (more on that later) to find the Hero Arts January 2017 My Monthly Hero kit in my mailbox! It was just announced on Monday and was to start shipping on Friday so I was thrilled to get it so quickly!! The kit includes:
  • Color Layering Flower Heart clear set (large 6x8″ size)
  • A set of 18 coordinating metal Frame Cuts dies
  • Tide Pool ink cube
  • Mint Julep ink cube
  • Soft Pink ink cube
  • Bubble Gum ink cube
  • Strawberry ink cube
  • 4 woodgrain envelopes (2 A1 and 2 A2 sized)
  • 4 woodgrain cardstock (half sheets)
  • Red wax cord (8 yards)
  • Pool envelopes (2 each of 3 different shades)
What a great value at only $34.99 and, of course, I couldn't resist some of the add-ons. As of this moment, the kit is still available but once it sells out, it's gone. Loving Valentine's Day as I do, I couldn't resist adding this kit to my stash and I just love everything in it!! Here are the first cards I made with it:

Thanks bouquet 
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White, woodgrain cardstock from kit, American Crafts (Target bin)
Stamps/Dies - January 2017 My Monthly Hero (flower heart bouquet and matching dies); 
thanks banner from an old Hero Arts set # unknown
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape, Reflections gems

Happy Valentine's Day
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White, American Crafts (Target bin) glitter paper, Basic Grey True Love (2012) pink
Stamps - January 2017 My Monthly Hero kit (sentiment); CG690 Confetti Bold Prints
Dies - DI348 Heart Confetti Fancy Die; Sizzix Heart Die
 Other - puffy stickers from American Crafts (Target bin); recycled fairy from a card Hero Arts put in with previous kits

The thanks card is for my friend Connie and her husband. They had me over for brunch yesterday and then took me car shopping. We had spinach quiche and blueberry muffins - yum! Then we visited a few car dealerships to look at vehicles. Connie and Doug served as riders to test the comforts for passengers in front and back; they both got new cars last year so are more familiar with the process. I was glad of their assistance and for the delicious brunch! And no, I didn't buy anything yet - I'm just starting to look.

The valentine is the first of cards I'm making for the Cards for Hospitalized Kids project. I hadn't heard of it until recently but it's been around for 5 years. A woman mentioned it on the Hero Arts Flickr Group and mentioned they need Valentine cards for this year. Here are four more cards I made for the project; I'm planning to send a package of 10 and already have 7 made (I made duplicates of some of these).

Valentines for hospitalized kids
Supplies include Target bin and Doodlebug papers, Hero Arts rocket set (#unk);
Xcut doily die (thanks Heather!), Sizzix Lori Whitlock gatefold lace kit.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Greta said...

Good luck with the new car hunt! Fun to have a new car once the process is over! Beautiful cards, Linda--almost makes me splurge for the kit, but just have to use the goodies I've got!

Bonnie said...

How pretty and fun, Linda! Wow, you've got a lot of Valentines done already!

Betty said...

boo hoo - i didn't get my kit yet and no mail tomorrow - maybe tuesday will be happy mail day! two lovely cards, LInda - spotted that Target paper right away - good luck with the car shopping - i love love my Toyota Rav4!!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow you've been busy, Linda! What a wonderful range of Valentines - love seeing how you used the kit! The Cards for Hospitalized Kids sounds like a great project. Best of luck with finding your new car:)

Cindy C. said...

Wow wonderful projects Linda!! Happy car shopping!

Jean said...

You've been busy! Lovely cards.