Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Orchid sympathy card

Cindy inspired me with a card she created using one of my favorite Hero Arts color layering sets. I thought a branch of orchids would be perfect for a sympathy card I needed for my friend Mary who lost one of her dear friends.

orchid card
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts CL946 Color Layering Orchid in a Pot, CM124 Color Layering Fuchsia (sentiment), & 
S5449 Fabulous Flourish
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio and Tattered Rose Distress Ink; 
Ranger Archival Watering Can by Wendy Vecchi, Hero Arts Soft Sky
Dies - Hero Arts DI177 Color Layrering Orchid in a Pot Frame Cuts, DI199 Circle Infinity Dies,
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Pierced Rectangle Frames

I had an ivory card I thought would be so serene with a piece of blue vellum from the February My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out). I stamped the vellum with the flourish inked in a new Distress Oxide ink and thought it needed something. Decided to frame it with a favorite pierced rectangle frame. The MISTI made stamping the layered orchid a breeze! I die cut the orchid from a scrap of ivory paper first and then stamped the die cut while inlaid in the negative. Worked great! I stamped the sentiment on the top 1/2 of a circle and slid it into the window. Added a few gems - done.

I never have a stash of sympathy cards laying around - guess I'm superstitious. Whenever someone passes, it's always a rush to get a card made. I had to make two cards because Mary's friend was godmother to my former quartet's lead singer. Well, got them done in time to take to chorus last night for hand delivery - wish I wouldn't have needed make them but that's life. I didn't photograph the second card since I used a trusty layout with a butterfly that I've used before.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be back tomorrow with some Easter cards I made for Cards for Hospitalized Kids.

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done, love the soft colors and how you placed each element Linda. And thank so much for the shout out. :)

Rosemary said...

oh linda...what a beautiful sympathy card!! your friend will touched by your thoughtfulness (and your talent!!)!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, my friend! Love the softness of this, perfect for a sad occasion.....

Greta said...

Beautiful & perfect for a sympathy card, Linda!