Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Some birthday cards

Happy Tuesday! We had some freezing rain this morning now turning to snow - a perfect day for some nice vegetable soup! I bought the ingredients and just have to get slicing and dicing this afternoon. Meanwhile, here are a couple of birthday cards I finished on Sunday for some friends.

I struggle with masculine cards but I found this fun Silhouette card file with a border of tennis balls and a tennis racket. Since the birthday boy plays a mean tennis game, I thought it would be perfect! As sometimes happens, the cut border didn't match up with the cut card (no alterations made by me). So I made it work by snipping parts of the border and not bothering to try to fit them to the card edge. The ball on the tennis rack was a different Silhouette file, along with a die cut circle behind.

Tennis Birthday
Supplies: Silhouette files - Design ID10498 Tennis Ball Outline & 117821 Tennis Card
Paper - Neenah Solar White (including the hand which I inked black), Reflections yellow, Anchor Paper silver
Ink - Hero Arts Intense Black
Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts CL677 Fantastic Birthday (retired)

The next card is for a woman friend. I often use this design, just varying the sentiment and embellishment - it makes a quick but attractive card. This time I embellished with a new-to-me butterfly. Funny thing, the patterned paper is from a Christmas pad but it definitely doesn't scream Christmas to me - perfect for a birthday!

Butterfly Birthday
Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey Juniper Berry, Penny Black Painted Blooms, scrap of black, ivory card
Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts CL574 Say it All (retired)
3M glitter washi tape; My Favorite Things Die-Namics Flutter of Butterflies - Solid & Flutter of Butterflies - Lace

Yesterday I posted a CAS card for this week's Merry Monday. While I was at it, I stamped three additional panels so I quickly finished cards with those last night when I got home from chorus rehearsal (yes, I was up late!).

Crystal ornament trio
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts CL619 Greetings for the Holidays (retired) & CL802 Christmas Crystals
Paper - Neenah Solar White, Anchor Paper Black, and Hero Arts Blush Mix Layering Paper (grenadine)
Ink - Hero Arts Intense Black & Red Royal, Mustard Seed Distress Ink
Die - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21 (pierced rectangle)
Other - Copic Markers, Michael's Reflection Gems, Wink of Stella (clear); Fossilized Amber Distress Spray

I did the top two same as my MM card - colored w/Copics and topped with Wink of Stella, but on these I added some grey shadows for a bit of dimension. On the bottom card, I used the back of the crystal stamp to stamp the color - makes a quick way to color a symmetrical stamp. Reversing the stamp doesn't work well with the MISTI so I used an acrylic block. I didn't always line it up perfectly but no matter - it was quick and easy. Decided to add some Distress Spray - one spritz went a long way as you can see!! Yay - three more Christmas cards done! I'm trying to do multiples each week so I have more to donate.

Thanks for stopping and hope you're enjoying your day!!


5 comments:

Betty said...

great b-day cards Linda - especially the tennis guy card - i've been trying to do more cards in multiples too - so much more efficient! - but never as many as Jennifer M. does at one time!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB!!!

Greta said...

Freezing rain is the worst--glad it turned to snow! Your masculine card is absolutely wonderful, Linda--bet he will love it! Beautiful butterfly card--the paper is great for a BD! Good for you getting so many Christmas cards done--these are pretty & I loved the one for MM!

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Linda, I really love the tennis card, so unique and perfect for a masculine card.

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous set of cards, linda!! I struggle with masculine cards, but you totally nailed it with the tennis themed card!!