Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Good Luck & another wreath card

Hi all - hope you're enjoying the week! We've had some April showers - yesterday we even had a bit of thunder & lightening that kept me from having to do some yard work - LOL! Still gloomy today so maybe I'll get another break.

Today I'm sharing two cards. First up, a good luck card for two of my former Chord Company quartet-mates. After almost seven years since CC retired, Heidi & Jan are singing together in a new quartet called Spice with two of our other friends. Spice sang for the chorus last week and did a wonderful job! They will compete next Saturday in our Regional quartet contest and I'm sure they'll excel.

Quartet Good Luck
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Midnight Layering Paper; piece of bakery doily, Tim Holtz kraft metallic, 
American Crafts Christmas (music pattern), stripe unknown, cream from a Co'redinations card
Dies - Impression Obsession Good Luck; My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Hero Arts April 2017 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out)

I had my first play with the April My Monthly Hero kit - hard to believe I got it two weeks ago! All I'd done until now was separate all the dies - I hadn't even made any negatives to use in the MISTI. So instead of stamping & die cutting, I used a die that doesn't have a matching stamp - it's just a darling stand alone dress form die. Can you see the little rhinestone necklace I added to each one? We do love our bling!! I have more good luck cards to make but hope this one suits my dear ex-Chords!

Next, another version of the wreath I used on this card for the current Merry Monday challenge:

Wreath version two
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, American Crafts 6x6 Christmas pad from Target's Hot Spot, 
Pop-tone Cherry and Green card stock, scrap of Tim Holtz kraft metallic gold
Stamps - Hero Arts CL907 Color Layering Wreath
Inks - Hero Arts reds & greens from various My Monthly Hero kits, plus Emerald Green from AF394 Color Layering Peacock Ink Cubes, and Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Dies - Hero Arts Color Layering Wreath Frame Cuts; My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13;
Tim Holtz Sizzix Holiday Greens Mini Thinlits Dies
Other - foam tape, Michael's gems, Hero Arts red metallic accents

I made a second card of my first version and while I was stamping another wreath, I made a third one. This time I added some holly leaves to the berries. I just received the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens die set from Simon Says Stamp on Saturday and thought the leaves and branches would be perfect additions to his Holiday Wreath (still working on that one). So I die cut a pile of the holly leaves for that project and suddenly some of them migrated to the other wreath! Funny how that happens.... What do you think - better with the leaves or without?



Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

fabulous set of cards, linda!! love that you added the pearls to the dress forms on the first one!! the wreath on the second is gorgeous!! your weather sounds like my weather... rainy and gloomy! and yesterday we had thunder and lighting, too!!

Cindy C. said...

Very charming Good Luck card, love the quartet dress forms in gold!!
And the plaid goes so well with the pretty wreath!!

Greta said...

I love the look of this wreath with the leaves added, Linda--beautiful card! The card for your friends is absolutely brilliant & so special!

Jean said...

Both are fantastic!

Colleen said...

Linda this is a gorgeous wreath and those hollies do add a nice touch to it! I especially love your background plaid, WOW, it really makes the wreath pop! Thank you for playing with us again at Merry Monday, it is so nice to see you each week!!

Bonnie said...

Those dress forms are so sweet! What a lovely, feminine card! And I like the wreath both ways! Can't say I have a favorite!

Majorelle said...

Very nice cards, Linda! I love the plaid paper!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful cards! LOVE that wreath and the layers you placed on it! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.