Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Happy and sad

Hi all - two occasions today, one happy and one sad. My youngest auntie celebrated her birthday in my home state while I attended a funeral for a chorus friend. Yes, we had another death among our members - Carol battled cancer for 8 years and finally succumbed, very sad!

For my aunt Jean who (like sister Tami) quilts, I made this card:

birthday quilt
Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card and glitter paper, scraps of brown and ivory,
Authentique Summer Seasons 6x6 pad
Die - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Quilt Square Cover-up
Hero Arts DC150 Happy Stamp & Cut (for birthday word stamp too)
Other - Michael's gems, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink

I have several quilt dies - just when you think you have enough, you find another that you can't resist! I cut it a bunch of times so I'd have pieces to mix and match. I offset-layered the Happy so it would show up better on the quilt.

Sweet Carol who passed away sang in a quartet with three of her sisters - a fourth sister also sings but just isn't a Sweet Adeline. I made them this card with a musical theme:

Sympathy treble clef with washi 
Supplies: Paper - A2 card (brand unk) Neenah purple, Heidi Swapp Marquee Love glitter,
Bazzill black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Kaisercraft Provincial 6x6 patterned
Other - washi (brand unk), Michael's gems, Distress Markers, digi file for treble clef
Stamps - Hero Arts CM124 Color Layering Fuchsia (sentiment) & CL476 With Sympathy (lily - retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI337 Nesting Ovals Infinity Dies
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 2 and 13

Thanks to my friend Heather for the music washi - perfect for me and my singing friends! The music clef digi-cut was given to me by my friends at Hero Arts back when I was a Hero Hostess (program now retired). They had developed some Silhouette cuts that would work with their stamps but I love to use them as silhouettes. I found the clef when I was doing my crafty clean-up and thought it was perfect for a lily bouquet. The service was lovely and my friend Mary was asked to sing the same solo she sang at our friend Lou's funeral a couple weeks ago. She did a fabulous job as did the male soloist who sang The Lord's Prayer in my favorite arrangements. About  20 chorus members (besides the sisters) attended and we sang a few songs during the luncheon at the family's request.

Anyway - hope we have no more losses of chorus members!! Thanks for stopping and hope you're having a great week.

8 comments:

Greta said...

So sorry you lost another friend, Linda. Does remind us how precious life is--tend not to think about it when we're young. Your sympathy card is so beautiful & lovely to be able to use the music clef & Washi making it even more special. LOVE the quilt card! Would you believe I still have never used the one die I own--gotta change that!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. How sad to lose your choir friend. The card is perfect.

Lin said...

2 lovely cards, Linda - love the yellows and blue on the quilt one, and all the musical references on the 2nd.

CinnamonSally said...

Both your cards are perfect Linda, the second one with the musical theme is just lovely.

Rosemary said...

Another absolutely lovely set of cards, linda! I know they were very much appreciate by those who received them! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend! It seems that happy and sad have been going hand in hand lately. I was at a happy occasion (the marriage of my niece) when I learned some sad news... the death of a friend's husband.

Betty said...

two lovely cards Linda - both so personalized with the pretty quilt and musical notes.

Jean said...

Your cards are lovely. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Unknown said...

How sad to lose your choir friend. The card is perfect.

หนังจีน