Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Night Before Christmas

Merry Tuesday everyone - I'm back with a card for Merry Monday's Summer Link-up. The banner says Christmas in July but the link-up actually runs through August during the Merry-makers' vacations. Yay!!

Merry Monday

I was all over the map yesterday trying to use some new supplies and find some missing ones - LOL! Still haven't run into a stamp set whose matching die I've located.... But I did find the Graphic 45 paper I sought for a previous MM challenge - Night Before Christmas (#246 from May) - woo hoo!! I created a little sleigh  from a die I bought recently & was wondering what to do with it - nothing came to mind. Then I found the Graphic 45 paper and a new doily die. Suddenly my card came together! I love when that happens!!

Night before Christmas
Supplies: Paper - Neenah A2 card and red cardstock, Michael's green cardstock, Pop-tone beige & black,
Graphic 45 'Twas the Night Before Christmas 8x8, Tim Holtz kraft metallic, Paper Studio glitter
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 2 & 13, Poppystamps Capri Sleigh
Your Next Stamp Doily Trio Two; Hero Arts DI199 Circle Infinity Dies
Other - Michael's gem, foam tape, washi tape

The Santa image came from one of the Graphic 45 papers. I partially cut a circle at the top, stopping the process so I could fussy cut the bottom. Then I layered it onto the green doily but didn't like the open half circle holes - I covered them up with a beige circle behind. Took a photo but didn't get the blog post done before I had to rush off to chorus rehearsal last night. When I got home, I thought something was still missing so I added the strip with the continuation of the poem. Too dark for a new photo so I waited until this morning. Hmmmm - still needed something so I added the narrow black washi (not sure of manufacturer) and took a new photo. I think it gave the sleigh a nice little "road" - what do you think?

Now I'm back on the trail of my missing stamp set - wish me luck! Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty week!!

7 comments:

Betty said...

wow! what a neat card Linda - yes that little strip of washi is perfect for grounding the sleigh!!

!neke said...

Beautiful nostalgic card !!!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous use of that vintage image! I really feel Christmas is nearly here thanks to your card! Hope your summer is fabulous, Linda! I was hoping to see Heather in Dublin...Sadly, the date/time didn't work out. I had fun seeing Ireland in person!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love your Vintage style Linda, such a lovely card.

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, linda!! love how you combined the papers with the different die cuts!! hope you find your missing stamp set!!

Jean said...

You did a fantastic job incorporating these products!

Greta said...

Such a wonderful vintage card, Linda! Sure hope that stamp turns up!